Two Collaboration Tools to Consider
Here at JN Software, we’re always looking out for new ways to help you improve collaboration and enhance productivity. We’re very happy to offer you training courses on two powerful collaboration tools, Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams.
Which course is the one for you? Here are some thoughts to help you make the correct decision.
What is Skype for Business?
Microsoft Skype for Business is a powerful instant messaging platform that includes several other extremely useful features. With Skype for Business you can use voice calling and video conferencing, set up online meetings, and use a variety of other collaboration features. Make calls, transfer calls, schedule online meetings, and do much more to collaborate and communicate your ideas quickly and easily.
What is Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft Teams provides an extremely flexible cloud-based workspace, where Office 365 users can send messages, share files, and do so much more. Teams can be public or private, and can be created for a department, a project, or just about anything you like. Each team has access to channels where people can communicate, sharing messages and files. Microsoft Teams also provides additional communication tools, such as chat, meetings, file sharing, audio and video calling, and more.
Both tools have changed the way we communicate, and they both offer excellent user interfaces.
Why use either of them?
- Both feature great communication and file sharing, providing a means of working well together whether physically near or far away from each other.
- Schedule meetings and keep a record of previous chats.
- Teams also allows you to continue a previous chat from days or weeks before.
- Both allow you to share your desktop with others during a meeting.
- Within your organization you can set up many different chats; for example, one for each project or for each work group.
Currently, Office 365 ProPlus contains Skype for Business, while Office Enterprise includes Teams. Microsoft is gradually transitioning more towards Teams, so their current offerings may change over time.
Benefits of training
Why should you seriously consider training on Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams?
Well, to put it simply, this is the way of the future, and it’s here right now!
Training your staff how to use collaboration tools such as Skype for Business and Teams can save you money in the following ways:
- Reduce the number and duration of meetings.
- Save time collaborating,
- Reduce the number of overnight trips.
- Decrease the time needed to make important decisions.
- Reduce worker attrition rates by showing your staff that you’re invested in them; this brings improved worker satisfaction, integration, and empowerment.
At JN Software Consulting we have lots of experience in providing software training that works.
Contact us and plan just the right software training solution for you and your organization's needs.