THROUGH OUR EXPERTISE
Software: Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite
Request: Designed and rebranded documents including letterhead, envelopes, business cards, postcards, brochures, program cards, manuals and graphics.
Result: We provided a new look for the client to go with their new website.
Benefits to Organization: They gave JN the outcome they wanted and JN worked within those guidelines. This made their job easier and the project was done quickly and cost effectively. It is like they hired an expert on staff with many different skills to fulfill their needs.
Software: Microsoft Word
Request: Client wanted to surprise employees celebrating work anniversaries with a company yearbook.
Result: JN Software Consulting worked with client to choose a program they wanted to work in. JN designed the yearbook to the client's specification and edited photos.
Benefits to Organization: Employees were delighted and surprised at the company party with a professionally designed yearbook.
Software: Microsoft Office
Request: Part of their software was custom made. They wanted JN Software Consulting to write step-by-step written instructions with print screens for that section of the software.
Result: The consultant worked with the company to understand the software and what they wanted instructions on. They were delivered a step-by-step manual with detailed instructions for the user.
Benefits to Organization: The company received the expertise they needed to understand the software and used the instructions to create an online learning module.
Software: Microsoft Office
Request: Take the client's document and create it as a fillable form. Put it in a format that is user friendly and compatible for whatever their setup was.
Result: A simple user-friendly interface that even those without computer expertise could fill out.
Benefits to Organization: An opportunity for growth and to handle more clients.
Software: Microsoft Excel
Request: Find a faster way to track all their accounting entries.
Result: An easy to use automated Excel workbook.
Benefits to Organization: Everything is tracked properly and automation made the process faster.
Software: Client's Custom Software
Request: Improve the client's software in the Ontario marketplace and test/analyze their software package. Make recommendations to fix, improve and compare it against competitor's software.
Result: Software testing, analysis and market research of clients and competitors resulted in a detailed report outlining potential fixes, enhancements and market opportunities.
Benefits to Organization: The client could make clear and informed decisions for the future of their software.
- Fully develop databases
- Help your team complete their partially developed databases
- Fix or enhance a database whose original designer has left your organization
- Use Access to import and crunch data from external sources
- Build macros and use VBA to automate processes
- Develop powerful Excel workbooks from scratch
- Help your team select the appropriate formulats and functions to achieve your goals
- Automate tasks via macros
- Fix and enhance older workbooks
- Create templates
- Build dashboards and reports
- Manage large data sets
- Help you create your presentation from scratch
- Build templates for future use
- Turn your presentation into a video or PDF
- Convey your message in a format the audience will easily understand
- Engage your audience by creating a unified, visually impactful, unfussy, clean and enlightening presentation
- Consistant brand identity for your organization
- Devise a project plan and work with you on fine tuning the plan to meet optimum objectives
- Work with your team to determine the best way of using MS Project to implement and monitor the project
- Help create Master and Sub-projects for larger projects
- Assist in determining and managing cost objectives
- Assist in working on already-developed projects that have become unwieldy
- Help in sharing Project information with Excel and Outlook
- Fully understand the potential of SharePoint in your environment
- Assistance can be provided to expand SharePoint functionality without compromising security
- Integrate SharePoint features with Outlook, Excel and Access
- Learn how to work with backend databases to create view only or fully functional connections
- Understand and create custom SharePoint environments for each department, location or project
- Work with workflows to both automate document management processes and create standardization
- Assist with updating and rebuilding existing Visio flowcharts/organization charts
- Help build standardized templates for all drawings
- Help integrate data from other sources into your Visio drawings
- Develop visually rich diagrams using Data Graphics
- Develop macros to automate shapes and diagram creation
- Automate tasks with macros
- Create documents such as brochures, letterhead, flyers and reports
- Headers and Footers
- List of Figures (auto generated)
- List of Tables (auto generated)
- Lock or restrict file access
- Section breaks
- Styles (clean up and create)
- Table of Contents (auto generated)
- Templates (create and modify)
- Data Entry Forms either as a hard copy or electronically
- Replace paper binders with searchable PDF-based document collections
- Develop custom forms and collect/manage form data
- Automate processes in PDF documents to speed PDF production
- Help organize content and set up indexed searching for PDF repositories
- Learn Acrobat's preflight tools to create print-ready PDF files
- Assist with learning strategies for updating current website content
- Update older websites to work with more efficient CSS styles
- Help with developing website design and structure for a new website
- Build and manage web forms for data collection
- Learn to finalize artwork for optimal print
- Standardize artwork with Styles
- Develop corporate artwork for screen and web use
- Assist with developing Actions to automate artwork production
- Automate Illustrator with scripts
- InDesign editing with Story Editor and using the InCopy companion program
- Help with developing corporate design standards for text, objects and colours
- Strategies for preparing artwork for print production
- Effectively use the Preflight tools to produce quality print-ready artwork
- Prepare and save InDesign documents for ebook, screen and web
- Automate InDesign with scripts
- Work with Photoshop and Photoshop Lightroom for editing and managing pictures
- Assist with developing colour management strategies
- Finalize images for print, screen and web
- Automate Photoshop with Actions and Droplets
- Automate Photoshop with scripts